An actual commercial title by yours truly
Embark on a quest in search of ultimate power, lying in the hands of a hoarding entity. Between your goal and you lie a series of challenging levels and colorful areas that, despite their harmless and welcoming appearance, will not hesitate to send you back to the starting line if you miss a beat.
With a stripped down, three-button input system, you’ll have to master the skills of walking, jumping, dodging deadly hazards, sprinting, gliding and flying… all while on ice! Even the ground you walk on poses a threat!
- PLATFORMING… ON ICE:
Originally an entry for an ice-themed jam, the frozen landscapes you’ll
traverse will have you sliding right into harm’s way should you not be
careful. Watch your speed and momentum, especially under wind currents!
- MOVEMENT ABILITIES:
Essential to beat the trickier challenges, forcing you to re-think how
you move around. Double jump to reach new heights, glide through air
streams to increase your maneuverability or sprint at a high speed to
clear large chasms!
- 50 LEVELS: Split up on four different areas, each with their own distinct look and feel.
- A BETTER FINAL BOSS: Deadlier and nastier than before; he’s been re-built from the ground-up to crush you again. Again. And Again.
- NEW GAME+ MODE:
Was the first time too easy? Do you just like suffering? Every level
(even the boss!) now has a tweaked, more lethal variant just waiting for
- ACHIEVEMENTS AND SECRETS: Aside from the standard progress and challenge types, there are also cryptic and secret feats that unlock a small bonus game!
- TIMED MODE: Do you keep your cool if there’s small time and death counters staring at you constantly, watching your every move and mistake? What if you couldn’t even pause to breathe?
< < Original description and prototype links below > >
Entry for Weekly Game Jam 94 (Theme: ice)
- Collect gems!
- All the gems unlock the exit!
- Gather power ups that enhance your mobility!
- Dodge icicles and ice-spikes!
- Get frustrated over having to walk over slippery icy surfaces most of the time!
- Get even more frustrated over the fact that there’s heavy winds blowing you astray!
- Become relieved over the fact that it’s pretty short!
- Relax even more over the chill (Hah!) music!